Monday, September 17, 2012

NY Moms

















FYI, we are getting relatively settled here in NYC. That being said, I have been noticing that NY moms are truly a different breed. I am in awe of them to be quite honest. I don't know how they manage... at least the ones without the luxury of nannies and full-time housekeepers and such.

I see NY moms on the subway with strollers, and I find myself marveling at how they even managed to get the stroller up and down the subway steps. What do these people do when the subway is jam-packed, as it often is?

I can barely manage myself here yet, and I'm sitting here thinking - HOW ON EARTH AM I EVER GOING TO BE A MOTHER HERE?

I am sure part of my concern arises from the fact that our move did not go according to plan and that it has, as I wrote previously, taken FAR longer to get fairly settled than we ever could have imagined. It is still a process, but the good news is that things are finally falling into place... finally.

I adore our apartment. It is truly the perfect place for us, and the job is pretty darn fantastic as well, albeit incredibly demanding and time-consuming. It is however my favorite job I've ever had. It's challenging in the best imaginable way - and I feel like I finally found a fairly permanent 'home.' I also LOVE NY. It's just beyond awesome and I feel like a kid in a candy store - seriously. I keep taking pictures of things and wondering when I'm going to start taking them for granted. I hope that never happens but I'm sure it will. (I've included a few the pics below). It is amazing to me that we live in this adorable little neighborhood and can walk to phenomenal restaurants and shops - and that Manhattan is a pretty quick subway ride away, which is good, because I work there. It has yet to cease to amaze me that I work just down the street from the Empire State Building and the Flatiron building... one of my all-time faves. I often find myself wondering why I didn't pay more attention to ALL of this stuff when I was at NYU. I guess I was too busy obsessing about boys.

And now I get to share all of this with John, which is so awesome on so many levels.

But I seriously digress...

I am sitting here at work, wondering how on earth I will ever become a parent in New York - and if I do, how I'll manage everything. I'm sure I'll eventually figure it all out - but thank goodness John works from home. In the meantime, all of my viable eggs are probably shriveling up... but I'll just have to hope that isn't the case and cross that bridge when we get to it.

For now, we need to just take all of this in.












No comments:

Post a Comment