Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Learning a Foreign Language


As stated in a previous post, I've been googling the hell out of EVERYTHING related to fertility and pregnancy... and oftentimes find myself on sites with fertility forums and support groups and what not - and OMG is it totally overwhelming.

When I first started reading these things, I was like - wait a minute - why is everyone writing in code? How the fuck am I supposed to decipher any of this?

But eventually, you get the hang of it.

I have literally begun learning a foreign language:

TTC - Trying to conceive
TWW - Two week wait
BFP - Big fat positive, (as in pregnancy test)
BFN - Big fat negative, (as with above)
PG - Pregnancy
AF - Aunt Flo
FSH - Follicular Stimulating Hormone, (waiting on my test results for this as I write)
AMH - Anti-Mullerian Hormone, (already know that mine is low).
ET - Embryo transfer
IUI - Intrauterine Insemination
ICSI - Intracytoplasmic sperm injection
HSG - Hysterosalpingogram
HCG - Human chorionic gonadotropin
TCM - Traditional Chinese medicine
POF - Premature ovarian failure
DOR - Diminished ovarian reserve, (this is me).

I'm sure I'll be adding to the lexicon as I continue to read about the first-hand experiences of countless females I'll never meet.

What I won't be doing is adding one of these ticker thingies to my blog.







Not only is it a wee bit too cutesy for me, but dare I say that it's a bit creepy too? And I mean, talk about setting yourself up for potential disappointment.

No thank you.

1 comment: