Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Girly Girls!























So I have an old friend from summer camp who writes for parenting.com and who also writes her own blog, where she recently posted this:

http://www.karmacontinued.com/2011/03/butterfly-wings.html

I actually teared up reading this because of its overall cuteness and how heart-wrenchingly brilliant and wonderful it is. In fact, I'll admit it. I just read it to my husband, (second reading for me), and started bawling and flapping my hands in front of my face to try to stop the tears from falling. Why we women think that flapping our hands in front of our faces will do ANYTHING is beyond me, and yet, we continue to hope... but I digress.

I loved her post for so many reasons (in no particular order):

1. She's a great writer.

2. Her daughter is so cute and I love that she's going through a super girly girl phase.

3. I love that she drove all over Los Angeles to track down butterfly wings for her daughter at the last minute. (For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of driving in Los Angeles, trust me when I tell you that this had to have been a veritable nightmare for her).

4. Just reading about her daughter's reaction to the butterfly wings brought me to tears... twice.

Anyway, this post, combined with a recent visit with my girlfriend Jacqui and her 6-month old son Nathaniel, has started to push me towards that we should eventually adopt a little girl side of the fence again.

I'm sure that in another day or so however, something will push me right back to where I was before, which will be right in the middle, which will mean the kid debate rages on. Although, upon second reading of my friend's post, I'm really not so sure anymore.

In the meantime, I have to admit that holding Nathaniel wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it would be, and was actually an absolute pleasure. I even offered to babysit. Getting an adorable tiny person to smile is very, very cool.

So, that's two votes for kidding and no votes against kidding this week.

2 comments:

  1. Is a biological child out of the question?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should ask... I think I'm going to have to answer that in another post!

    ReplyDelete