Sunday, July 11, 2010

Stick Figure Decals










Here's yet another thing I won't do if/when I become a parent:

I WILL NOT, under ANY circumstances, affix decals representing every member of my family to my vehicle.

This has been a trend for a while now, and every time I see a car with 10+ decals representing mommy, daddy, child #1, child #2, child #3, child #4, child #5, child #6, dog, cat, hamster, goldfish, monkey, iguana, etc., I want to shoot the person driving it.

Not only is it obnoxious, but it's tacky. It's worse than the bumper stickers that tell everyone on the road that your kid was "student of the day" at such-and-such school.

These decals are also perfect fodder for the serial killer looking to off as many people as possible in one fell swoop. Why anyone in their right mind wants to broadcast how many kids and pets they have to every Tom, Dick and Harry on the road is beyond me.

But maybe that's just my neurotic Jewish paranoia kicking-in.

In a word,

Ick.

5 comments:

  1. HILARIOUS! My sentiments exactly. Every time I see those damn things, I want to puke. Wait, perhaps we're just jealous that they get to show off their large families while we have none? Nahhhhh, who am I kidding, they still suck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haaahaha! I despise those things too. I actually saw one awhile back with an ANGEL DOG. These people had them, their kids, and THEIR DEAD DOG stuck to their car. Who DOES that?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. giraffy - Remember I took that picture of the one that went completely along an entire window? And two of the animals were on their backs? Oy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a sticker that says "Baby, I'm Bored" or "Baby I'm Gored" I'll tell you something. When I see that "Baby on Board" sign in a car window I want to slam into the car!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dead dog decals?!? WHAT!?! Please take a photo of the next one you see and send it to me if you can!!!

    ReplyDelete